I've got really screwy hair. LOVE IT.
(Many thanks to Oshioze for collaborating with me on this flyer!)
It’s already been 3 months since the last meet-up and we’re happy to announce the return of Naturals In The City! Yay! Meet-up highlights after the jump.
NATURALS IN THE CITY 3
“Healthy Hair & Skin”
SPEAKERS & TOPICS
Screwy Haired Girl (blogger) – Retaining Hair Length
Yeni (natural hair stylist) – Tips For Surviving A Visit To A Regular Hair Salon
Natural Nigerian (blogger) – Caring For Hair In Protective Styles
Dr. Vivian Oputa (dermatologist) – Eat Yourself Gorgeous / Beauty Drinking / Detoxification
Rita (esthetician) – The Scalp Massage
Saturday, June 30, 2012
1:30p.m. – 6:00p.m.
24, Ikoyi Crescent, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria (directions below/map attached)
Naturals The City 3 is going to be great:
– We’ll be talking about hair, skin, and nutrition, teaching how to care for your hair and your skin from the inside out, and as always there’ll be open discussions/Q&A after each presentation
– We’ve got vendors selling things you’ll want: hair products, hair accessories, other accessories, beauty products, healthy snacks and drinks, and more
– We’ve also got our customary raffle draw, so remember to fill out the sign-in form for a chance to win a little gift basket of hair and beauty products
– Our venue is the icing on the cake; Omenka Gallery is a lovely art exhibition space in Ikoyi, right at the edge of the lagoon, so our meet-up will let you get a peek at some of the most striking art pieces Lagos has to offer
– We’ll take a group photo towards the end of the meet-up, so try not to leave early!
This time, we’ll start right on the dot of 1:30–no more last-minute delays, no ma’am–so try to be on time too, so you don’t miss a single moment because we’re packing in a lot; we read your comments from the last meet-up and will address some of the issues raised, such as transitioning, getting hair products in Lagos, retaining hair length, etc.
We do hope you’ll make it. And bring a friend. Remember: NITC isn’t just for naturals–it’s for all hair lovers. So feel free to forward this email to as many people you can: let’s all help get the word out.
Can’t wait to see you there!
Naturals In The City is a free-to-attend quarterly natural hair meet-up focused on helping women and men with natural hair, as well as all other lovers of hair, realise their hair goals. Information is hair power!
Directions to Omenka Gallery
FROM V/I: From Alfred Rewane Road (former Kingsway Road), go all the way down towards Osborne Road. Right before Alfred Rewane Road becomes Osborne Road (at the billboard), turn right and then immediately left onto Ikoyi Crescent. Continue straight down until the road ends in a cul-de-sac. White gate opposite the main street.
FROM 3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE: From 3rd Mainland Bridge, continue onto Osborne Road. Turn left at the billboard onto Ikoyi Crescent. Continue straight down until the road ends in a cul-de-sac. White gate opposite the main street.